Dream Big at home is a new resource which we have created for Key Stage 1 children during school closures. The resource helps them to explore different careers and the literacy skills needed for them.
Some guidance from an adult will be needed, but many of the activities will be able to be done independently. Included in the pack are:
- A letter to parents/carers explaining the resource
- Six worksheets to introduce a range of careers
- Six writing activities related to the six roles
- Flashcards with speaking and listening activities
- Colouring in sheets
- Keeping in touch activity designed for children to keep in touch with grandparent(s)
This resource has been developed as part of the Words for Work: Dream Big programme. Words for Work: Dream Big works together with schools and local businesses to support supporting Key Stage 1 pupils to develop their literacy skills, raise aspirations and challenge stereotypes.