In this activity we’ll be exploring different workplaces by looking at the illustrations from the book What Do Grown-ups Do All Day? by Virginie Morgand.
What you’ll need
- The activity sheet, which can be viewed on a mobile, tablet or computer
- Pen or pencil
- Paper to write down answers to the challenges, and to write a new story with your child
What do grown-ups do at work? activity sheet
What to do
- Look through the activity pages together, and talk about whether your child recognises any of the people or places shown.
- Try the fun challenges, which will help you find out whether your child has understood what they have seen.
- There are pictures and questions to help your child make up their own story about the jobs people do. Your child can choose to write down their story, draw it, or say it aloud.
- Your child will need some help and guidance, but they’ll be able to do some of the challenges by themselves.
Looking for more activities?
This resource is taken from our Dream Big activity pack, which helps children to imagine their future and challenge stereotypes around different jobs. You can find out more in the Dream Big activity area.