Every GCSE subject will include literacy requirements from next year. To help teachers meet this challenge, our secondary experts have developed a workshop to focus on key areas such as extended writing and SPAG
- Understand how to analyse the literacy demands of your own subject
- Examine mark schemes from a range of subjects and have a go at modelling extended writing
- Transform informal, speech-like writing to a more formal writing style
- Learn to highlight specific language features and appropriate academic register that enable students to write like subject experts
- Explore reciprocal reading and the Directed Activities Related to Texts (DARTS) approach
Cost: £175 for the first participant per school and £125 for every colleague you bring. Tickets include a £25 discount on membership of the National Literacy Trust.
Existing National Literacy Trust members receive a £25 discount per school - this will be deducted from your invoice will be deducted when we process your order.
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.