This half-day workshop helps secondary teachers develop students' academic language and subject-specific vocabulary.
Recent recommendations from the EEF suggest that to improve literacy in secondary schools, teachers should ‘provide targeted vocabulary instruction in every subject’. Focusing on the importance of disciplinary literacy at Key Stage 3.
- Engage with recent research on vocabulary
- Develop knowledge of word morphology
- Understand the role of academic language in the curriculum
- Try out strategies for direct vocabulary instruction
- Explore recent research around the vocabulary gap and its correlation with attainment
- Enable you to understand the role of academic language in the curriculum
- Consider how best to teach the different tiers of vocabulary in a range of subject contexts
- Enable you to deepen your knowledge of word morphology and how to teach it
- Introduce a range of strategies for direct vocabulary teaching
The course costs £125 for the first participant, then £75 for each additional delegate you bring.
*Existing National Literacy Trust members receive a £25 discount per school
Use the form below to book, or please contact email@example.com or call 020 7820 6258 if you need help with booking.