"All schools should develop policies to promote reading for enjoyment throughout school"
- Ofsted, Moving English Forward, 2012"This course has been inspiring. It is one of the only courses I have attended where I have come away with ideas after each session."
- Participant, High Wycombe
As expressed by OFSTED and shown in our research, reading for pleasure is an important aspect of literacy and can impact on attainment in other areas too.
Developing strategies such as teaching whole texts, participants on this course collaborate, share expertise and engage with research. The course structure will be as follows:
This training has been generously supported by Enid Blyton Entertainment, who offered five funded places in celebration of the 75th anniversary of the publication of The Famous Five, her best-loved series.
This is a one and a half day CPD course for literacy leaders and Key Stage 2 and 3 teachers.
Structure and Cost
- Why professional development is important
- Why reading for enjoyment matters
- Finding ways into whole texts
- Strengthening vocabulary
- Action research - the process
- Evaluation - engaging the wider school community
The course includes a twilight follow-up session with the date to be confirmed.
Cost: £350 for the first participant per school and £250 for every colleague you bring. The price includes a year's membership of the National Literacy Trust.
Existing members receive a £50 discount: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 587 3067 to get your code or for help with booking.