How long is the training?
Two 90-minute, online CPD sessions
Session one: Thursday 10 February 2022 15.30 – 17.00
Session two: Monday 28 February 2022 15.30 – 17.00
What will I learn?
- Reviews current research to reflect on the impact of lock-down on reading for pleasure
- Considers how best to support intrinsic motivation for reading
- Explores the use of digital tools to encourage reading for pleasure in school and at home and support a blended learning approach
- Reflects on the central role of school libraries in addressing diversity and promoting a rich and broad reading experience
- Discusses ways of using multi-modal reading to encourage reading for pleasure
The course is suitable for:
Secondary subject teachers and middle leaders
Whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators