We are offering a live training event on reading for pleasure. This session will host a maximum of 20 participants to provide opportunities for discussion and interaction with the trainer. Secure your place today by signing up below:
Reading for Pleasure: Engaging readers in school and at home
Monday 10 May 2021 3:30-5pm
What will I learn?
- Reviews current research to reflect on the impact of lockdown on reading for pleasure
- Considers how best to support intrinsic motivation for reading
- Explores the use of digital tools to encourage reading for pleasure in school and at home and support a blended learning approach
- Reflects on the central role of school libraries in addressing diversity and promoting a rich and broad reading experience
- Discusses ways of using multimodal reading to encourage reading for pleasure
The course is suitable for:
Secondary subject teachers and middle leaders
Whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators
How long is the training?
Two 90-minute, online CPD sessions