"...schools should strengthen whole-school literacy work across all departments to ensure that students extend and consolidate their literacy skills in all appropriate contexts."
- Ofsted, Moving English Forward
The course will start in Autumn 2018 - dates tbc.
Day 1: Oracy
- Explore the roles and responsibilities in developing literacy within curriculum areas.
- Audit subject areas with a focus on speaking and listening
Day 2 Writing
- Review of whole school oracy progress and impact of strategies trialled.
- Understand the theory behind "talk as a bridge to writing"
Day 3: Reading
- Reading and viewwing: what is different about multimodal literacy?
- Developing reading skills
This training will help you to:
- develop subject leaders’ literacy pedagogy and equips literacy leaders with strategic tools for audit, evaluation, monitoring and dissemination
- complete an action research project to develop strategies
Over three full days of training, your school will build an excellent basis for whole school improvement, including narrowing attainment gaps. Each programme works with a cluster of schools, allowing you to share expertise and build great working relationships
To promote collaborative practice, we encourage two teachers from each school (including the literacy lead) to attend. We also invite a head or senior leader to attend the first session free of charge.
- First delegate per school - £650
- Additional delegates - £450
- Attendance includes one year's membership of the National Literacy Trust giving all teachers in the school access to a range of resources.*
We also invite a head or senior leader to attend the first session free of charge.
Price includes a year's membership of the National Literacy Trust. Existing members receive a £100 discount per school - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7820 6258 to get your code.