"...schools should strengthen whole-school literacy work across all departments to ensure that students extend and consolidate their literacy skills in all appropriate contexts."
Ofsted, Moving English Forward
If you wish to book this course or have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a 3-day course. Sessions are:
- 6 December 2018
- 7 February 2019
- 13 March 2019
Each day will run from 9am to 3pm.
This training will help you to:
- develop subject leaders’ literacy pedagogy and equips literacy leaders with strategic tools for audit, evaluation, monitoring and dissemination
- complete an action research project to develop strategies
- Over three full days of training, your school will build an excellent basis for whole school improvement, including narrowing attainment gaps. Each programme works with a cluster of schools, allowing you to share expertise and build great working relationships.
Day 1: Oracy
- Explore the roles and responsibilities in developing literacy within curriculum areas
- Audit subject areas with a focus on speaking and listening
Day 2: Writing
- Review of whole school oracy progress and impact of strategies trialled.
- Understand the theory behind "talk as a bridge to writing"
Day 3: Reading
- Reading and viewing: what is different about multimodal literacy?
- Developing reading skills
To promote collaborative practice, we encourage two teachers from each school (including the literacy lead) to attend. We also invite a head or senior leader to attend the first session free of charge.
First delegate per school - £500
Additional delegates - £400
Price includes a year's membership of the National Literacy Trust. Existing members receive a £50 discount per school - please contact email@example.com or call 020 7820 6258 to get your code.