This course helps teachers develop strategies to take their Key Stage 2 pupils beyond scaffolded writing, building confidence and self-assessment skills, and providing a structure for pupils to tackle writing challenges across different text types.
The course consists of a full day of training on 15 November with a follow-up session on 11 March, giving participants the opportunity to feed back on their experience and plan next steps.
Day 1 will run from 9.30am to 3.30pm, and Day 2 will run from 2pm to 5pm.
- To use transferable approaches to aid the organisation of writing
- Use class visits and cultural experiences effectively so children engage with and develop their writing
- Encourage pupils to take ownership of their progress using self-assessment tools, peer assessment and goal setting
- Develop strategies to build positive attitudes towards writing in your classroom
The course costs £350 for the first participant, then £250 for every colleague you bring.
- We invite a head or senior leader from each school to attend the first session free of charge
- Follow up support visits to your school are also available at an additional cost of £350
Attendance includes one year's membership of the National Literacy Trust*, giving all teachers in your school access to a range of inspiring teaching resources, school improvement tools, training and CPD.
Pupil premium – new guidance from the Education Endowment Foundation shows that investing in quality CPD is an effective use of this funding. Find out more
*Existing National Literacy Trust Members receive a £50 discount per school
Use the form below to book, or please contact email@example.com or call 020 7820 6258 if you need help with booking.