"Participating pupils made approximately nine months’ additional progress compared to similar pupils who did not participate in the intervention."EEF, Using Self-Regulation to Improve Writing, 2014
"A really informative session. The collaborative learning approach can only empower children and provide them with the strategies to use to impact on independent writing."Participant on Improving Writing in Key Stage 2
This course helps teachers develop strategies to take their Key Stage 2 pupils beyond scaffolded writing, building confidence and self-assessment skills, and providing a structure for pupils to tackle writing challenges across different text types.
The course consists of a full day of training on 3 February with a follow-up session on 2 June giving participants the opportunity to feed back on their experience and plan next steps.
- To use transferable approaches to aid the organisation of writing
- Use class visits and cultural experiences effectively so children engage with and develop their writing
- Encourage pupils to take ownership of their progress using self-assessment tools, peer assessment and goal setting
- Develop strategies to build positive attitudes towards writing in your classroom
The course costs £350 for the first participant, then £250 for every colleague you bring.
- We invite a head or senior leader from each school to attend the first session free of charge
- Follow up support visits to your school are also available at an additional cost of £350
Attendance includes one year's membership of the National Literacy Trust*, giving all teachers in your school access to a range of inspiring teaching resources, school improvement tools, training and CPD.
*Existing National Literacy Trust Members receive a £50 discount per school.
Use the form below to book, or please contact email@example.com or call 020 7820 6258 if you need help with booking.
Pupil premium – new guidance from the Education Endowment Foundation shows that investing in quality CPD is an effective use of this funding. Find out more