Please note: this course is only open to early years settings in Ipswich.
This course helps early years practitioners develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of children's communication, language and literacy (CLL) and social and emotional development. It also enables practitioners to feel more confident about supporting parents to develop an effective home learning environment.
From September 2018 to June 2019, this CPD will run in Ipswich as part of an exciting collaboration between the National Literacy Trust and EasyPeasy, with support from Suffolk County Council and Ipswich Teaching & Research School, and funded by the Department for Education.
The course, comprised of one full day of face-to-face training and a follow-up webinar hosted by EasyPeasy, covers:
- Strategies for supporting language and communication development
- Strategies for supporting social and emotional development
- Parental engagement strategies to support an improved home learning environment
- Development of an action plan to drive improvement
Places are limited to two practitioners per setting and will take place on the following dates in 2018:
- Tuesday 30 October (full day) and 13 November (webinar)
- Wednesday 31 October (full day) and 14 November (webinar)
- Thursday 8 November (full day) and 21 November (webinar)
- Friday 9 November (full day) and 22 November (webinar)
- Wednesday 21 November (full day) and 5 December (webinar)
- Tuesday 4 December (full day) and 18 December (webinar)
- Wednesday 16 January (full day) and 30 January (webinar)
- Thursday 31 January (full day) and 14 February
Book your place via the Sign up now button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.