08 Mar 2024
10:30am - 2:45pmNottingham College, City Hub Campus
111 Canal St
Developing Talk for Learning in FE is an interactive session which will explore the role of talk as a tool for learning in FE and help you answer some of these important questions:
- How can talk support learning in different subjects?
- What is talk for thinking and learning?
- Why does talk matter in your subject?
What does the session include?
- A chance to engage with evidence from research to consider effective approaches for speaking and listening in subjects
- We will review the role and purpose of oracy in learning and reflect on different types of talk
- As a group, explore pedagogical strategies to help students talk dialogically with confidence and skill
- We will support you to evaluate your own provision and practice
Audience: Practitioners and literacy leads working in the FE sector