How long is the training?
Two 90 minute, online CPD sessions
Session one: Thursday 23 September 2021 15.30 – 17.00
Sessions two: Thursday 7 October 2021 15.30 – 17.00
What will I learn?
Across the two sessions we will:
- use evidence from research to investigate effective literacy strategies for teaching and learning in history
- explore active reading strategies to engage with a variety of texts
- develop strategies to support vocabulary acquisition
- understand how to move students informal talk into formal, academic written language
- reflect on the importance of modelling the reading to writing sequence to improve writing
The course is suitable for:
Secondary history teachers, middle leaders, whole-school literacy leaders or literacy coordinators