If you're a school mental health lead or are interested in the mental health of your colleagues, your students and their families, then The Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools offers some fantastic resources and opportunities to connect with others.
- The Carnegie School Mental Health and Wellbeing Lead Community is a free to join community of mental health in school leads, with free CPD, facilitated conversations, drop-in support sessions, peer to peer buddy service, book review sessions and lots more.
- They also have a Seminar and Podcast Series in partnership with Bupa Foundation.
More about the Centre
The centre is based within the Carnegie School of Education at Leeds Beckett University and launched in 2017 in partnership with Minds Ahead CIC and focuses on evidence-based solutions which address:
- Schools', pupils' and parent's/carer's needs
- The development of a professional community of school mental health leads
- Leading innovation within the area.
They have worked with over 2,000 schools nationally and internationally, supporting middle and senior leaders who are committed to ensuring that mental health difficulties do not limit success at school and beyond to develop a whole school approach to mental health.
Other than the community and seminar series, they also focus on:
- Providing support and guidance for schools, including professional development for staff working in schools
- Delivering an annual conference to profile innovative and proven work, deepen understanding and support the link between policy and practice
- Running the Mental Health Awards for Schools, Boarding Schools, Further Education, and Education in Sport to evidence and show effectiveness and impact of a whole school approach to mental health.
Find out more about the Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools or email firstname.lastname@example.org