Are you a parent or carer? Reading with your child or encouraging older children to read for 10 minutes a day can have huge benefits.
It will help them to be happy, learn about new things, and is a great way to spend time together.
How you can inspire your child to read for 10 minutes a day:
- Set aside family reading time and show your child that reading is important to you
- Help your child to think beyond books – they can read magazines, newspapers and comics too
- Any time is reading time! Your child could read on the bus or in the park
- Take your child to the library to open a world of stories, imagination and discovery
- Encourage your child to read favourite stories over and over again