We are seeking proposals from writers who are able to help us create a series of inspiring and engaging activity storybooks that will support our efforts to get families active in Stoke-on-Trent.
We will be looking for proposals that show how we can work together with you to develop this concept and include the following elements:
- We want to create a series of up to 12 storybooks, each approx. 32 pages in A5 format
- The storybooks should take different times to complete so that families can choose their own difficulty levels, i.e. 30 mins, 1 hour, 1.5 hours including the activities
- The books will include clear instructions on where to go as well as what tasks, questions or puzzles they have to complete. Each book should end with a code or final answer, which brings the trail together
- We would like the series of books to be set in the neighbourhoods we are targeting in Stoke-on-Trent and have the family themselves featuring in the stories to help with engagement, for example as a team of investigators or explorers
- We are also exploring the idea of families collecting points throughout the stories, which can be converted, into vouchers at local leisure centres
- These storybooks will be supported by a set of engagement collateral to help encourage families to get involved including posters, wall charts, stickers etc
- We foresee the majority of families taking part in this to have 1-3 children aged 5-10, and include between 1 and 3 adults
- Overall, the books should be fun, engaging and capture the spirit of adventure to help both the children and the adults enjoy the experience and want to do more storienteering in the future
Please send us your proposal by 5pm on Friday 14th December. All submissions should be no more than 2 sides and include:
- Details of your response to the concept
- Details of your expertise in creating work of this kind or similar
- Examples of your track record
- Two references
Please give us an indication of how long you think you would take on this project and an approximate cost.
Successful applicants will be invited to discuss their proposals either on the phone or in person during the week beginning 7th January 2019.
For any enquiries, please contact: Alasdair Flint on firstname.lastname@example.org.